I made a huge mistake this week.
While Evonne admired Nolan in the Baby Bjorn, Collin and Aaron were playing with the plethora of dandelions adorning Linda's yard. As we were ready to leave, Aaron proudly handed me a bouquet of white, fluffy, seedy dandelion heads.
I thanked him...and convinced him it was OK that I leave them on the rock by the tomato garden...so that they wouldn't get damaged on our walk to the park. I was secretly hoping that the sun would scorch the seeds, rendering them infertile by the time we returned...after all, I had just spent the last hour with the Weed Hound, popping dandelions in our yard.
When we arrived home, I let Collin and Aaron go on ahead, while I picked up the bouquet and tossed it in the yard waste bin. Upon hearing the garbage bin close, Collin immediately turned and asked me what I was doing.
Suspecting something was wrong...Aaron turned and asked where my flowers were. Collin conveniently turned to Aaron and said, "Aaron, Mommy threw your dandelion volcano in the garbage."
Aaron turned to me with his huge blue eyes, tilted his head...and waited for an explanation. When I nodded yes...and tried to explain, he threw himself at the driveway in a fit of tears.
Mommy is so sorry, Aaron. I will never throw away my 'volcano' again.
While Evonne admired Nolan in the Baby Bjorn, Collin and Aaron were playing with the plethora of dandelions adorning Linda's yard. As we were ready to leave, Aaron proudly handed me a bouquet of white, fluffy, seedy dandelion heads.
I thanked him...and convinced him it was OK that I leave them on the rock by the tomato garden...so that they wouldn't get damaged on our walk to the park. I was secretly hoping that the sun would scorch the seeds, rendering them infertile by the time we returned...after all, I had just spent the last hour with the Weed Hound, popping dandelions in our yard.
When we arrived home, I let Collin and Aaron go on ahead, while I picked up the bouquet and tossed it in the yard waste bin. Upon hearing the garbage bin close, Collin immediately turned and asked me what I was doing.
Suspecting something was wrong...Aaron turned and asked where my flowers were. Collin conveniently turned to Aaron and said, "Aaron, Mommy threw your dandelion volcano in the garbage."
Aaron turned to me with his huge blue eyes, tilted his head...and waited for an explanation. When I nodded yes...and tried to explain, he threw himself at the driveway in a fit of tears.
Mommy is so sorry, Aaron. I will never throw away my 'volcano' again.






1 comment:
So cute! I love reading your blog! I haven't quite figured out how to be a follower yet, but I am reading it!!! See you soon!!! Wow, apparently I was really excited about what I wrote according to all the exclamation points...
Post a Comment